Administration Officer - Devonport Magistrates Court
Administration Officer (350249)
Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by Thursday 22 July, 2021 11:55 PM
Applications close:Thursday 22 July, 2021 11:55 PM AESTAward/Classification:Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 2Salary:$57,943.00 to $62,474.00 per annumEmployment Type:Permanent, full-timeRegion:North WestLocation:Devonport
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Working within a team of the Magistrates Court Registry to provide personal, electronic and telephone reception duties, ensuring sensitive and confidential handling of enquiries and liaising with members of the public including defendants, complainants, vulnerable people, the legal profession, police and clerical staff.
- Prepare and generate court documents from a range of computerised data bases, for the Civil and the Criminal and General Division to a high standard.
- Receiving and receipting of court related documents and fees; entering this information into computerised data bases and balancing daily filing fees and payments received.
- Accurate entry of court outcomes into computerised data bases and the distribution of associated correspondence.
- Work as part of a team to support the ongoing development of skills and knowledge of other team members.
- Filing and general duties within the registry as required.
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV. We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note if you submit the details of your referees with your application the Selection Panel may contact them without notifying you.
Please apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Refer to the 'Information for Applicants (DOJ)' document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4914.
For more information
Manager (District Registrar)
Phone: (03) 6478 4351
Your application has been successfully submitted.