Administrative Assistant (Devonport Community Health Centre)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Applications close: Sunday 5 December, 2021 11:55 PM AEST
- Award/Classification:Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award/General Stream, Band 2
- Employment Type:Part Time
- Region:North West
- Location:Devonport Community Hlth Cnt
Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
In accordance with primary health care principles, policies and legislative requirements, in a multi-skilled and dynamic environment, provide a broad range of administrative, reception and clerical support to the Nurse Unit Manager and staff of Mersey-Leven Community Health Nursing and Home Care Services at the Devonport Community and Health Services Centre.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for a full list of the duties.
Mersey-Leven CHN & HCS provides nursing care at the community clinics in Devonport and Ulverstone, and Home care services. The team consists of Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Coordinator, RNs, ENs and ancillary staff including attendants, admin and home help/personal carers.
This role is located at the Devonport Community Health Centre.
Details of Appointment
Permanent part time day work position working 38 hours per fortnight
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $57,305 - $61,704 pro-rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with the Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- 502578 Administrative Assistant Band 2 (November 2021) HR.pdf
- 502578 Administrative Assistant Band 2 (November 2021) HR.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: NUM - Mersey Leven Community Health Nursing
Phone: (03) 6478 6122
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values
workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highlighting jobs in Devonport