This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday 13 April, 2022 11:55 PM
- Applications close: Wednesday 13 April, 2022 11:55 PM
- AESTAward/Classification: Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement/Allied Health Professional, Level 3
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Region: North West
- Location: Mersey Community Hospital
Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Dietitian to join our team one day/week. We are looking for someone with significant experience in a hospital environment seeing inpatient and/or outpatients, and someone who can:
- Provide a customer-focused and high quality clinical dietetic service to referred clients within the allocated caseload at a senior level in accordance with organisational Policies and evidence-based best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of the Nutrition and Dietetic Service, including tasks delegated by the Manager of Nutrition and Dietetics such as the support and supervision of less experienced Dietitians.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities that promote positive outcomes associated with the strategic directions and health plans of the organisation.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for a full list of the duties.
This role will rotate between the Mersey Community Hospital and the North West Regional Hospital.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day work position working 15.2 hours per fortnight
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $96,689 - $114,391 pro-rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $105,245 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme
- Salary range is in accordance with the Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Approved Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent, from a University or other tertiary institution, majoring in appropriate subjects, and a graduate diploma or post graduate degree course in dietetics of one or two years, or an approved four year undergraduate degree majoring in nutrition and dietetics at a recognised Australian tertiary institution, or pass in the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) examination in dietetics for overseas trained Dietitians.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration (for positions that are advertised specifically as being a paediatric role e.g Paediatric Dietitian)
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Senior Dietitian HP03 (July 2021) WWCT HR.pdf
- Generic Senior Dietitian HP03 (July 2021) WWCT HR.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge
as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Nutrition and Dietetics Manager
Phone: (03) 6493 6467
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Generated by Job Bot