Disability Support Worker
Disability Support Worker | Devonfield Enterprises Inc
- Employment Term: Casual
- Location: Devonport and surrounds, Tasmania
- Renumeration: Minimum $38 per hour
Our team is expanding! Devonfield Enterprises Inc are seeking multiple Disability Support Workers to join our organisation on a casual basis.
Devonfield has been providing support and services that respond to the individual needs of people with a disability in North West and Northern Tasmania since 1959. Devonfield has a strong commitment to improving the quality of life for its participant group and provides opportunities for community integration for people with disabilities to maximise their independence. Devonfield is a funded provider under the NDIS.
Devonfield is committed to working to the 6 National Disability Service Standards and model our organisation on the Indicators of Practice contained within the Standards.
ABOUT YOUR NEXT REWARDING OPPORTUNITY
Our Disability Support Workers put people with disabilities at the centre of decision making by providing person-centred support in a flexible environment and offering informed choice and control in how each person chooses their own goals and makes decisions in their life.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing support to people with a disability either individually or as part of a team, with the aim of encouraging independence and engagement with the community in a meaningful way. You will work across a broad range of environments such as supported accommodation, the community, in home support, and within our supported employment programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Certificate III in Individual Support, (Aged Care/Disability) or a willingness to obtain is preferable, however not compulsory.
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities and children, and young people at risk.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to provide responsive and person-centred support.
- Ability to remain calm and respond appropriately when under pressure.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Possess and maintain a current driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain a Working with Vulnerable People Card (NDIS endorsed)
- Possess and maintain Administration of Medication Accreditation
- Possess and maintain a current industry First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid).
In return, you will have the opportunity to work within a positive and supportive workplace where your contributions are valued, be paid a competitive salary, and enjoy PBI salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum.
For a confidential discussion about the role or to obtain a position description, please contact Emily Parker on 03 6424 6133 or email [email protected].
Applications are to be emailed to [email protected] and must include your resume and a cover letter that addresses the criteria within this advertisement. Applications will be received until 5:00pm, Friday, February 24th, 2023.
Your application has been successfully submitted.