Board Minute Taker
Position: Board Minute Taker & Admin Support - Contractor
Hours of Work: Up to 3 hours per board meeting + reasonable additional time to prepare agenda’s, minutes, and reports.
Special Requirements: Temporary 12-month contract and the ability to attend meetings out of hours.
Devonfield has been providing support and services that respond to the individual needs of people with a disability in the North West and Northern Tasmania since 1959. Devonfield has a strong commitment to improving the quality of life for its participant group and provides opportunities for community integration for people with disabilities to maximise their independence. Devonfield is a funded provider under the NDIS.
Devonfield is committed to working to the 6 National Disability Service Standards and model our organisation on the Indicators of Practice contained within the Standards.
This contract is to provide accurate and timely secretarial support at monthly board meetings to ensure that decision making, resolutions and minutes are captured appropriately in accordance with organisational requirements.
This role will also undertake the timely finalisation of minutes and prepare them for approval and assists in accurate and timely agenda creation as well as the construction of annual board reports.
The desired contractor is required to have a high level of accuracy and professionalism with regards to all work to be undertaken and due to the nature of Devonfield’s business, must exercise and adhere to the organisations Confidentiality Agreement and Code of Conduct. A criminal record and Working with Vulnerable People check will be required.
- Proven experience in taking and preparing meeting minutes.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of preferred IT systems, provision of own laptop and minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Operates under own ABN with the ability to attend monthly board meetings which are conducted out of hours, on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Foundational understanding of the NDIS and their associated bodies of regulation and governance.
- Awareness of the disability support services offered by Devonfield and their business services.
To find out more about this contract, please contact Emily Parker on 03 6424 6133 or email [email protected].
Applications must include your resume and a cover letter that addresses the criteria within this advertisement. Applications will be received until 5:00pm, Friday, May 26th, 2023.
Candidates will be assessed on application.
Devonfield Enterprises Inc.