Experience 1 to 3 Years
The objective of this position is to contribute to the court through the provision of high level customer service and an efficient and effective range of administrative and clerical functions including, responding to telephone and front counter customer enquiries, the listing of matters for court, the registration of court related documents, the entry of outcomes.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term ASAP until 8 November 2018
Hours per fortnight
58.80 Hours per fortnight
- Working within a team of the Magistrates Court Registry to provide personal, electronic and telephone reception, ensuring sensitive and confidential handling of enquiries and liaising with members of the public including defendants, complainants, vulnerable people, the legal profession, police and clerical staff.
- Prepare and generate court documents from a range of computerised data bases, for the Civil and the Criminal and General Division to a high standard.
- Receiving and receipting of court related documents and fees; entering this information into computerised data bases and balancing daily filing fees and payments received.
- Accurate entry of court outcomes into computerised data bases and the distribution of associated correspondence.
- Work as part of a team to support the ongoing development of skills and knowledge of other team members.
- Filing and general duties within the registry as required.
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
- Disciplinary action in previous employment.
- Identification check.
What do I submit with my application?
Please ensure that your application includes:
- The Application Form
- A current Resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
All documents relating to this vacancy can be found to your right.
How do I submit my application?
Online applications are preferred, please click the Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Or, you can post your application to:
For more information