Mersey Community Hospital
Hours/Period of Appointment
Multiple Permanent Part Time Shift Worker (fully rotational), working up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicants.
Please note that subsequent appointments may be made from this process for full-time, part-time roles or casual roles.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and well being of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. The Mersey Community Hospital is located in beautiful Latrobe and is committed to putting the patient first.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated, dedicated and dynamic people to join our general Attendant team to work at the Mersey Community Hospital, Latrobe, Tasmania.
Reporting to the Head Attendant and Co-Director of Nursing , this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to –
- Providing support to the Nursing/Medical Staff by undertaking general porting/orderly duties through exceptional patient care, facilitating effective patient flow between departments and professional, effective communication.
- Actively participate in all Emergency Codes, and will assist with Hospital wide security as part of the Code Black Response Team.
- Promote the principles of Quality Health Care and Customer Services and foster a positive environment for patient outcomes, providing a high standard of customer service and confidentiality.
Do you have?
- Knowledge of manual handling techniques, Department of Emergency procedures and emergency response skills
- Ability to apply Work Health and Safety policies
- Understanding of the practical application of infection control relating to the relevant clinical area
- Excellent communication skills, time management and can do attitude
- The ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Commitment to positive workplace culture
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Professional training and development
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty, e)Serious Traffic Offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
How to apply
Online applications via ‘Apply Now’ are preferred. Click the blue ‘Apply Now’ button
If you apply Online,
- Please do not send additional paper copies of the application through the mail
- Please do not include Application for Employment form.
Submitting applications by email –
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Submitting applications by Post –
Post your application with the above application form to:
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Acting Co Director of Nursing
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.