Who Is TasWater?
TasWater provides essential water and sewerage services to homes and businesses across Tasmania 24/7/365. Our core business is to provide:
- The sourcing, treatment and reliable delivery of quality drinking water, and
- The collection, transportation, treatment and safe return of the wastewater to the environment.
Our vision is to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work.
You will support the development and implementation of community consultation programs for key projects in the TasWater Capital Delivery Office. We have 3 vacancies available, based in Hobart, Launceston and Devonport.
- Support the delivery of a range of consultation and sponsorship activities.
- Provide communication and engagement advice and support to project managers.
- Support the TW media relations team to manage and generate media content for project deliverables and escalation matters.
- Deliver communication materials to meet the needs of communities and stakeholders.
Your application must include a cover letter that tells us about:
- Why you are interested in this role.
- Your preferred location.
- Your experience in internal and external communications within a complex organisation.
- Your qualifications in Public Relations, Communication or related disciplines.
- Your skills in specialist applications such as Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems.
Why join the TasWater Team?
We recognise that it is our people who play a key role in helping us achieve our vision to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”.
We look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. You can find out more about our values and what we do at https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Who-is-TasWater-/Who-is-TasWater-
You can look forward to working in an exciting, stimulating and innovative workplace that provides a range of opportunities to make a real difference to the community. We encourage our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development, with a focus on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary or vocational qualification in Public Relations, Communication or related discipline (or equivalent
- Experience in internal and external communications or a related role within a complex organization
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft suite and specialist applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems
- IAP2 certification
- Experience working in an construction communications environment
- Experience working in a utilities industry
How to apply?
- Visit our website https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers to find out more about the role and view the position description.
- For assistance in applying, go to https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers/Applying-for-a-position
- Make sure you follow the instructions in the ‘Your Application’ section above to give yourself the best chance of being selected for interview.
- Submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ button in SEEK or send directly to email@example.com
Applications close 12 noon on 19 June 2019.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.