We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Hours per fortnight
36.75 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
Please note this selection process may be used to make additional appointments for similar roles within Service Tasmania throughout the North West region.
- Provide customer focused service delivery by carrying out any or all of the following duties;
- As the initial point of contact, either by phone or face to face, assess customer needs and resolve customer inquiries through sound analytical problem solving, decision-making and judgment, using effective communication. This includes interpreting unclear and sometimes vague and varied requests;
- Access, interpret, apply and then provide customers with accurate information and advice on Service Tasmania products and services.
- Accurately and timely, process a range of product and service transactions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of daily tasks in line with specified service and contact centre procedures and processes.
- Individually responsible for the daily receipt and reconciliation of transactions and money.
- Organise and arrange referrals where necessary to appropriate Government Agencies.
- Undertake actions on behalf of Registrations (delegations) and comply with Registration instructions and regulatory frameworks;
- Ensure office infrastructure is properly maintained; including equipment, office procedures, and security equipment.
- Operate a range of equipment including PCs, telephones, copiers, fax machines, EFTPOS terminals, and security equipment.
- Utilise Windows based operating systems, web-based products and a terminal based directory system reference tools, to undertake tasks and to process work associated with the provision of quality services. (Volume and type of processing work will vary according to program, service delivery channel and business requirements).
- Develop and maintain service centre displays, including stock levels.
- Champion productive working relationships to ensure customer focused service delivery;
- Contribute to planning and improving team outcomes.
- Achieve safe, diverse and results focused work environment.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, Service Tasmania management, client agencies, and business and community representatives.
- Provide support, advice and assistance, including training, to other staff.
- Demonstrates personal drive and integrity by;
- Manage own workload, personal development and delivery of efficient and accurate service delivery;
- Manage own time, efficiency and accuracy of service delivery to effectively meet agreed targets and performance standards.
- Participate constructively in business improvement initiatives, including adjustment of daily work patterns.
- Be responsible for own actions and, as a member of a team, ensure that the Tasmanian community receives a high level of service.
- Provide and receive feedback in a constructive way.
- Undertake appropriate training and self-development activities as required to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge for all forms of service delivery.
- Possess and maintain up to date knowledge of Service Tasmania products and services and participate in ongoing training programs.
- Adhere to rosters (work schedules) assigned in advance to meet business requirements.
- Perform any other assigned duties at the classification level that are within the employee’s competence and training.
- Observe, promote and practice the principles of the State Service Code of Conduct and DPAC Values.
- Maintain confidentiality, particularly when dealing with sensitive customer information or issues; complying with security procedures and protocols;
- Ensure a safe working environment by complying with relevant Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, codes of practice and policies, procedures and guidelines issued under the Department’s WHS Management System.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment National Criminal History Police Check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following check is to be conducted:
Checks for criminal charges, convictions or findings of guilt for;
- crimes involving dishonesty
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- traffic violations, criminal or traffic charges (but not including parking infringements).
12 months’ experience in a customer service, retail or contact centre environment.
A current license to drive a motor vehicle in Tasmania.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue ‘Apply Now’ button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your
- cover letter,
- resume and
- statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
Team Leader North West City
Phone: (03) 6478 4194
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.